Job Title: Accounts Receivable and Payable Specialist
Global Land Supply (GLS) is the Land division of Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), which comprises brands such as Global Touring (Topdeck and Backroads), DMC Ground Operations and Hotels, as well as internal procurement and distribution businesses – The Travel Junctions.
We have a Global Shared Services area for Transactional Finance functions – Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Finance Booking Support, Robotics and Automation team, with teams of 30+ people based in Brisbane and Sydney, supported by offshoring team based in India.
Finance Booking Support area is the centralized point for SMEs with booking handling of AP/AR, master data reconciliation. As a centralized Finance Booking Support team, we provide assistance regarding the resolution of any finance issues that may arise for our stakeholders and businesses we support.
The Finance Booking Support AP/AR Specialist primarily responsible for smooth payments and receipting capabilities as well as management of account transactions in both the booking engine and back-office accounting system. This involves but is not limited to on time response to supplier/customer queries, master data creation/amendment/termination, profit (margin) and other associated queries. The Specialist will also focus on process improvements and efficiency initiatives.
The Finance Booking Support AP/AR Specialist is a good problem solver, thrives on challenge and consistently delivers a high level of customer service, contributing to FCTG’s overall profitability.
Booking Integration Management
• Customer Commission Payments
• Managing customer funds
• Clear communication with other support teams, and respective business (including retail agents and wider GLS team)
• Reconciliations (Credit Cards / General Ledgers)
• Supplier Disputes/Discrepancies
• Clear, complete & timely delivery of information
Query and Stakeholder Management
• Clear, complete & timely delivery of information Timely and accurate query resolution
• Clear communication with Selling partners, suppliers and customers
• Day to day operations
• Knowledge of your customers
• Ad hoc projects
• System upgrade & project testing
• Support team members to achieve common business goals
• Focus on customer needs
• Committed to providing outstanding service to internal business and external suppliers
• Communicate openly and professionally
• Listen actively
• Utilise multiple communication avenues effectively
• Practices information sharing
Partnering and Building Relationships
• Working with internal business and external suppliers in a professional and friendly manner
• Builds and sustains productive relationships
• Builds trust in relationships externally and internally
Problem solving and embracing change
• Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities
• Compares data from different sources to draw conclusions and make recommendations
• Proactive approach to problem solving and process improvement
• Accepts constructive feedback
• Adapts to and embraces change
• High attention to detail
• Positive attitude
• Team Player
• High Self Esteem
• Solution focused
• Knowledge of company and product
• Live FCL Philosophies
• Organisational and time management skills
• Adhere to minimum finance and communication standards
• Strategic Thinker
The role will performed onsite on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
Location: Montvale, NJ
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Center Travel Group USA’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to help make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and hold tight, you will now be directed to our Apply Portal to complete your application
Sign up to job alerts!
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.