Business Development Manager
The role of the Business Development Manager is to acquire new business within North American markets in accordance to set targets. They create new sales opportunities by identifying target markets and focus on key business areas via means of corporate networking, client profiling and cold calling. They present Discova products and services in a compelling financial and operational offering in order develop new customers and sell additional products, services and destinations to existing ones.
Accountabilities - Customer Sales Experience
• Responsible for the client implementation including coordination of all departments and functions to deliver a successful service.
• Develop and maintain long term multilevel relationships with key decision makers in order to improve opportunities for new sales and account development.
• Prepare reviews of program for clients and recommendations to clients on strategic direction.
• Collaborating and communicating with the Account Management team to ensure customer satisfaction and growth in line with company budgets.
• Coordinate and conduct training with all key accounts
• Client retention
Accountabilities -Business Development
• Responsible for sales in all Discova Destinations
• Source, approach and win new business opportunities within the travel market that they are responsible for.
• Establish relationships with new and current partners; building on key relationships
• Responsible for delivering growth with existing partners in existing and new destinations
• Delivering a program of planned activity, sales calls, training and promotional activity as defined by yearly sales targets and annual marketing plans
• Sourcing new sales markets and sales channels
• Switch sell agents from competitor DMC to Discova
• Research and develop pricing and product strategies suitable to specific markets and new business opportunities for Discova
• Liaise with all local office General Managers, sales teams and business development support to share learnings and feedback on the markets & opportunities
• Planning schedules and attending trade shows
• Coordinate with destinations to plan and host agent FAM trips for your source market
• Follow best practices across all destinations and departments
• New Business Wins
• Number of sales call per month
• Conversation rate
Accountabilities- Commercial Acumen
• High level Company, product & market knowledge
• Up to date knowledge of all company, industry issues and current affairs.
• Understanding of commercial structure & drivers of client organizations.
• Ability to provide sound consultation and business solutions for clients based on their current and future needs.
• Understanding of terms and conditions of contracts and the associated tangible and intangible costs &/or benefits
• Complete yearly sales plans, monthly reports and process documents to track progress against overall budget
• Assist the GM with reporting and analysing figures and budget progress
• Analysing sales figures and suggesting suitable strategies for growth
• Fair margin on accounts
Accountabilities - Self Development
•Ask as well as participate in any trainings or upskilling recommended by the Leader or you feel relevant to your role.
• Ensure you maintain up to date with product knowledge and understand the Discova offerings.
• Training attended
Essential qualifications and Experience
SKILL AND ATTRIBUTES
uncertainties/changing priorities and under pressure.
Location: Remote, US
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado
Any offer of employment in the USA that would require you to attend an office location or company event is contingent upon providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
For internal applicants, please advise your leader prior to applying.
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact email@example.com if you need any assistance.
Thank you and hold tight, you will now be directed to our Apply Portal to complete your application
Sign up to job alerts!
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.