Flight Centre Travel Group (ASX:FLT) has grown to be the world’s largest travel agency since its founding in 1982. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, the company has more than 30 brands in its portfolio, 3000 retail shops worldwide and employs around 20,000 people. After starting as a leisure travel agency, the company is now also one of the world’s largest corporate travel managers through a network of specialist brands that includes FCM Travel Solutions, Corporate Traveller, cievents, Campus Travel and Stage and Screen.
Operating in more than 90 countries and employing over 6000 people, FCM is transforming the business of travel through our empowered and accountable people who deliver a high level of service and a comprehensive technology suite bringing a wide range of solutions for Duty of Care, Reporting and Traveller’s peace of mind. Leveraging FCM's negotiating strength and supplier relationships in conjunction with our tailored business travel programs, our expertise and our innovative technology, we logically become the partner of choice of our customers.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the IT Technical Architect – Cloud & Infrastructure Lead, the IT Service Engineer is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery for mission critical enterprise systems.
Key duties and responsibilities
Administration and Management
a) Administration of MS Exchange, MS Windows Server, Hyper V, servers, Security Platforms
b) Evaluate and negotiate purchase of IT systems relating to upgrade/new hardware and related software and services
c) Analyse system performances and capacity trends for improvements, develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
d) Manages IT asset inventory. Ensure proper licensing of all software and warranty of all hardware
e) Ability to mentor and train staff, the individual needs to be able to work and cross train with colleagues and stakeholders
f) Previous experience desirable in managing a vendor and building out capability with third parties to achieve scale
g) Excellent communication skills and ability to document design requirements and changes
Implementation and Maintenance
a) Provide support for administration, incident resolution and maintenance
b) Installation and maintenance of desktops, notebooks, network devices, Aps, peripherals (printers, copiers, scanners)
c) Participate in new projects, initiatives and implementation
d) Documentation of FCTG systems and network, processes, policies and procedures
e) Perform routine preventive maintenance and scheduled basis
f) Identifies and proactively manages all risks and issues
a) Manage security infrastructure e.g. antivirus, web/email filtering. IDS/IPS, SSLVPN
b) Assist in implementing vulnerability and threat management in order to safeguard the information assets
c) Monitor WAN/LAN performance and establish fail over capability
You will have:
• Diploma or degree in IT, Computer Science or a related discipline
• 3 years of work experience in complex systems design, systems and applications support
• Experience in technical project delivery and management
• Experience in stakeholders’ engagement and vendor management
• Understanding of technical market and key contacts
• Knowledge of Microsoft products: Windows server, SQL servers, AD, WSUS, print server, Window operating systems
• Knowledge of IT solutions: Enterprise backup and recovery procedures; System performance monitoring tools
• Effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision
• Ability to plan, organise and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and written
• Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility
• Multi-tasking and respond to emergency situations effectively
Apply NOW if you want to be part of an amazing and vibrant culture that is the perfect fit for what you are looking for.
Thank you and hold tight, you will now be directed to our Apply Portal to complete your application
Sign up to job alerts!
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.